On behalf of the organizing committee of the Techaide AI for Good Conference I would like to distribute this Call for Speakers.
To avoid confusion, let me emphasize that this conference takes a different approach than the one Hugo Larochelle is hosting in April.
The objective of this AI4Good Conference is to bring together the AI community with the non-profit community in Montreal, encouraging interdisciplinary discussion and a forum for AI researchers and non-profit organisations to address important challenges related to the Montreal society, and thus forge future possible collaborations.
Call for Speakers
We are pleased to announce that the TechAide AI for Good Conference – Montreal Edition will be held at Mila, Montreal, on June 7th and 8th, 2019.
The objective of this conference is to connect the AI community with the non-profit community in Montreal to better understand the existing problems and to encourage collaborations that will lead to improvements in the lives of Montrealers.
For the first day of the conference, the organizers are seeking speakers who can either share their expertise on existing problems in the Montreal community which potentially could be addressed with the help of AI, or who can share their expertise on AI solutions which could be or have already been applied to existing problems in the AI4Good space.
Speakers could be:
- Academics from AI, social sciences, or other relevant domains
- Non-profit leaders and organizers
- Startups and industry with relevant experience
Interesting topics include:
- Data and insights into the major problems relating to poverty and social exclusion in Montreal
- Integration for immigrants
- Food bank supply chain management
- Homeless shelters demand prediction
- Continued education (tech and general skills)
- Access to help in various areas: psychiatry, health, finance, …
- Success stories using AI in similar settings
If you are interested in speaking at the conference, please fill in this Google form.
Submission Deadline: 15 April 2019
Conference: 7 – 8 June 2019
Shibl Mourad (DeepMind)
Doina Precup (DeepMind)
Diana Rebmann (DeepMind)
Sasha Luccioni (Mila)
Myriam Cote (Mila)
Marc-Antoine Ross (dfuse)
Hugo Larochelle (Google Brain)
Caroline Poupart (Centraide)
Maud Lévesque (Centraide)
Yannick Elliott (Centraide)
Ilias Benjelloun (Montreal NewTech | Desjardin Lab)